Part of healthy living while travelling means holding on to your values, and for vegetarians this means scouting for the best vegetarian in Brisbane. Brisbane is a city with great diversity, and in matters culinary, there is something for everyone who desires meals that are animal-product free. Here are the top ten vegetarian establishments in the city. These establishments are a great way to explore the city and sample different meals with a vegetarian touch.
Lurleen is the perfect place to escape the city’s humdrum and take on some real fine vegetarian food. Located within the picturesque Sirromet Winery at the foot of Mount Cotton, Lurleen offers vegetarian food against a stunning backdrop of nature’s lush green. Make sure you try the Portbello mushrooms which are grilled to perfection and served with goat’s curd and tomato.
Lurleen – 850 Mount Cotton Rd, Mt Cotton QLD 4165, (07) 3206 2999
The Balfour Kitchen is a favourite for local vegetarians, and definitely one of the top places for enjoying vegetarian food. The Balfour’s most popular vegetarian dish is the oven roasted mushrooms served with feta cheese, beetroot chutney and poached egg – you will be glad you made this order.
The Balfour Kitchen – 37 Balfour Street, New Farm, 4005 QLD, (07) 3358 8888
The Green Edge’s extensive menu is entirely vegetarian, so you have an array of foods to choose from at the café. The Green Edge café also has a grocery store on location, and this is perfectly suitable for those who intend to cook for themselves during their travels in Brisbane.
The Green Edge’s – Shop 2B 229 Lutwyche Road, Windsor, 4030 QLD, (07) 3855 5755
Symposium is the ideal place for vegetarians looking for a filling meal in a delightful setup. Home to one of the most delicious paleo breakfasts, Symposium is a must-visit whenever you spend time in Brisbane. The kids will love the paleo waffles served with chocolate avocado sauce for a delicious vegetarian experience.
Symposium – 2/26 Commercial Rd, QLD 4006, (07) 3852 3836
Other vegetarian establishments worth checking out while in Brisbane include:
- Au Cirque, Shop 3, 618 Brunswick Street, New Farm, Brisbane, QLD, (07) 3254 0479
- Himalayan Café, 640 Brunswick Street, New Farm, Brisbane, QLD, (07) 3358 4015
- Byblos, Portside Wharf, 39 Hercules Street, Ascot & Hamilton, Brisbane, QLD, (07)3268 2223
- Gusto Da Gianni, Portside Wharf, 39 Hercules Street, Ascot & Hamilton, Brisbane, QLD, (07) 3868 2011
- Superbowl Chinese Restaurant & Noodle Bar, 185 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, QLD, (07) 3257 2188
- Alchemy Restaurant & Bar, 175 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000 (07) 3229 3175